Fundraising and Volunteer Efforts (FAVE) Program
To run a high quality and functioning association, volunteers are required. Without volunteers, our association would simply cease to exist. There are many jobs and things to accomplish through the season and having a points system helps us ensure we are able to have all the hands needed to do so and everyone in the association plays a role.
FAVEs are assigned to each player registered in the association. Each player has a responsibility for 4 FAVE credits per season (2 for U7/U9). 1 FAVE credit is earned for up to 3 hours volunteered. Any volunteer shifts longer than 3 hours, will earn 2 FAVE credits. If you choose not to fulfill your player's FAVEs requirements, there will be an up to $250 fee ($125 for U7/U9) charged automatically per player.
- What positions are exempt from FAVE?
- Head Coaches and Board Members are FAVE exempt due to the great number of hours they volunteer on an ongoing basis. The exemption applies to ALL children of a Head Coach/Board Member.
- I've looked online, and I don't see any volunteer roles to claim. What then?
- FAVE opportunities are added to the website throughout the season - usually through sign up genius for the FSA annual tournament where most will earn the majority or all of their points. It is your responsibility to check your email for communications and sign up releases and sign yourself up for shifts. Following our social media channels is a helpful tool, as when FAVE opportunities come available, they are posted there in addition to communicated to the membership and/or teams generally through managers. While the majority will earn their points at the FSA tournament or through team roles, there may be other opportunities where we need assistance and these will be communicated as opportunities for points.
- Do GPLS shifts count towards FAVE?
- No, GPLS is an event we host, unlike the FSA tournament where we are both the organizer and host. The FSA tournament (and the Casino every 2 years) are FSA's biggest source of revenue to run our association and teams are registered for this tournament at no cost in lieu for their volunteer time to run the event. GPLS is an event we host and the hosting teams (all FSA teams participating in GPLS) share in the profits of this event for their volunteer time, thus contributing to individual team revenue towards the cost of their season as a team.
- Does hosting Provincials count towards FAVE?
- No, deciding to host a provincials event is a team choice and is for the benefit of your team. The association as a whole does not benefit from a team choosing to host provincials, thus this is not eligible for FAVE points. Teams may choose to do this as a fundraiser, to lessen costs associated with travel etc.
- Who tracks my volunteer hours?
- Our Director of Fundraising and volunteers tracks volunteer hours and players with outstanding FAVEs requirements. Team Managers must provide a list of individuals on the teams filling the jobs listed below at the start of the season, they are to be sent to email@example.com
- What happens if I want to volunteer for more than the FAVE requirement?
- While we appreciate your volunteerism, the purpose of the FAVE Program is to prevent volunteer burnout. We will never say no to someone wanting to put in extra volunteer hours, but do ask that you consider the other members that have bonds to fulfill. That being said, as we see each year, we appreciate when someone steps in to fill the void when there are posted FAVEs that remain unfilled coming upon the date they are required.
- Can I work off my bond for the next year? Can I transfer my FAVEs to another family?
- No. FAVE bonds must be fulfilled for the season registered.
- No. FAVE points are not transferrable.
- What are some of the jobs and how many points are jobs worth?
- Examples of jobs include:
- Team Manager (1 per team) - 4 points
- Team Treasurer (1 per team) - 2 points
- Assistant Coach (max 3 per team) - 4 points
- Equipment Manager (1 per team - responsible for equipment storage through season, delivery for practices and games and return of equipment to FSA at end of season) - 4 points
- FSA Tournament Committee Member (1 per team) - 2 points
- FSA Tournament Weekend Site Coordinator - 4 points
- FSA Uniform Coordinator - 4 points
- FSA Performance Program apparel and uniforms coordinator - 4 points
- Parade Coordinator - 4 points
- Parade Volunteer - 2 points
- FSA tournament shifts 3+ hours - 2 points, <3 hours - 1 point (shifts include set-up, tear down, gate, fundraising sales, concession, diamond maintenance etc.)
- Evaluations assistance - 3+ hours - 2 points, <3 hours - 1 point
- Jamboree Volunteer - 2 points
- Casino Volunteer (every 2 years) - $100 registration credit plus 1 point, 2 points for longer shifts
- Jobs that have ties to the association are the jobs where FAVE points are awarded. Jobs such as scorekeeper are basic team jobs for the operation of your team only, so are NOT eligible for FAVE points.
- Other jobs may come up that we need volunteers for and these will be communicated through the year. The ultimate purpose of the program is to ensure we have help to get everything done, if everything gets accomplished without others having to do extra work, the points requirement may be adjusted by the board as the goal has been met.